Ohaus MB90 Moisture Analyzer
Ohaus MB90 Moisture Analyzer (Replaces MB35) touchscreen moisture balance has a capacity of 90 grams with a readability of 1 milligram or 0.01%, temperature range of 40°C-200°C and a pan size of 3.5 inches. Measuring moisture content has never been easier than with the MB90 Moisture Analyzer. The MB90's halogen heating distributes heat uniformly over the sample and speeds up the drying process delivering fast and precise measurements. Designed for tool-free cleaning, the MB90's components can be easily removed for quick and easy maintenance. Operating the MB90 is intuitive with the icon-driven menu navigation on the touchscreen display.
Availability: 0 left in stock. In Stock
YOU PAY: $3,034.50
The MB90 also features a patented pan handler and removable parts that allow for easy, tool-free cleaning. The icon-driven menu navigation on the touchscreen display guides users through every step of the operation process so that users can easily operate the equipment without any training. Four mechanical keys – Tare, Start/Stop, Print and On/Off enable one-step operation.
Combining Speed and Precision in One Moisture Analyzer –Test More Samples in Less Time
Measuring moisture content has never been easier than with the MB90 Moisture Analyzer. The MB90s halogen heating distributes heat uniformly over the sample and speeds up the drying process— delivering fast and precise measurements. Designed for tool-free cleaning, the MB90’s components can be easily removed for quick and easy maintenance. Operating the MB90 is intuitive with the icon-driven menu navigation on the touchscreen display.Standard Features Include:
- Outstanding Halogen Heating Guarantees Fast and Precise Results The MB90’s precisely controlled halogen heating dries samples quickly and ensures uniform heating to yield fast, precise and repeatable results of 0.01% readability.
- Effortless Maintenance with the Tool-Free Cleaning Design Designed with effortless maintenance in mind, the MB90 features a removable pan handler and heating chamber components that make cleaning quick and easy—no tools needed.
- Touchscreen Icon-Based Menu Navigation Guides Users Through Every Step Icon-based menu navigation on the easy-to-read touchscreen display makes operating the MB90 intuitive. Perform routine sample testing in three easy steps—no training required.
- Fast Halogen Heating Technology Halogen heating dries samples in seconds and performs up to 40% faster than traditional infrared methods.
- Uniform Drying for Precise, Repeatable Results The reflective sample chamber ensures uniform heating of each sample to yield reliable results of 0.01% readability.
- Flexible and Powerful Features a full operating temperature range of 40–200 °C in 1 degree increments.
- Two Drying Profiles to Ensure Accuracy Customize heating of specific samples with temperature control for one-step drying—set temperature and time and begin!
- Fast: Quickest possible time to temperature
- Standard: Minimal overshoot while achieving temperatures quickly
- Shut-Off Criteria for Automatic Test Completion Customize your own test endpoint criteria to automatically end the test once moisture loss is no longer detected. Choose from 3 criteria—Manual, Timed and Auto.
The MB90 features a patented pan handler and removable parts for convenient maintenance.
- Stainless Steel Drying Pan Wipe down quickly
- Removable Heating Chamber Components No tools required—simply remove glass and tray to clean
The MB90 features a wide, bright touchscreen display and intuitive menu navigation for fast, accurate moisture analysis.
- Touchscreen Display Easy to read and understand
- Icon-Driven Menu Navigation Easy to follow—no training required
- 4 Mechanical Keys for Fast One-Step Operation Tare, Start/Stop, Print, On/Off
- USB and RS232 Ports Quick connections to a PC or flash drive
- Moisture Analysis Made Simple
Just 3 easy steps for routine sample testing!
- Tare empty sample pan
- Add sample according to best practices
- Press start and see your results!
Versatile connectivity options to handle data collection and transfer needs—enhancing the user experience.
- USB and RS232 Ports Quick connections to a PC or flash drive
- Data Collection and Transfer You can simply save and transfer data from the moisture analyzer to a USB drive
Watch our youtube video on the Sartorius MA35 and how filter and weighing pans are used.
Watch this video above as we highlight in this video the differences between the MA37 and MA160 since briefly looking at the units they seem the same but there are major differences.
So both the MA37 and MA160 deliver readability to 1 milligram. The average repeatability is ± 0.2% when you are using an initial sample weighing from 1-5 grams and when using a initial sample greater than 5 grams the repeatability is 0.05%. We always recommend a sample at least 5 grams since anything smaller is typically difficult to attain a good representative sample. Neither unit is recommended for plastic resin applications.
So what are the differences??
Although the infrared heating element looks similar the MA37 maximum output is 480W while the MA160 is 600W. More watts shortens time to attain temperature setting. The heating elements differ from a different alloy mix for the metal tubular heating element and Sartorius calls the MA160 element AURI.
MA37 has only the ability to save one (1) method while the MA160 can save up to 100 methods.
MA160 comes with "Sample Tongs" while it is an accessory for the MA37.
MA160 includes 3 ReproEasy Pads while no pads are included with the MA37. The ReproEasy Pads are used to verify the moisture analyzer is functioning within manufacturer specifications. The pad is a onetime use consumable item and additional pads are sold in packages of 10 pads. We recommend you download the user manual and reference the section "MA Performance Test" to learn more about this test feature available on both the MA37 and MA160. This is a great alternative to testing your moisture analyzer against sodium tartrate dihyrate. Using sodium tartrate dihyrate requires you to operate at 160C to release the chemically bonded two water molecules from Sodium Tartrate. The ReproEasy Pad you can run a performance test at 70C, 100C or 130C whichever temperature is closer to your actual sample you test normally.
The MA160 has a SD memory card slot verses the MA37 just has a dummy slot. You can import/export methods to the SD card. This is a nice feature for companies that implement "build alike" or create SOP implemented globally throughout their plants. One plant can develop the method for each different sample, download those methods to the SD card and the e-mail the file to other plants where they can copy the file to the SD card and then import them into the MA160 located in other locations. In the "Calibration Report" menu you can access the most recent calibration reports for the MA Performance Tests and external calibration adjustments up to 99 reports are saved per day. Calibration reports older than 30 days are automatically deleted. Again this information can be downloaded to the SD Card and the file e-mailed to the quality control or regulatory officer to meet compliance reporting requirements.
Another benefit purchasing the MA160 because it has the SD card is the "Results" menu. The analysis results can be viewed, exported or deleted. If you export the data to the SD card it is saved as an XML file and can be viewed with a web browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox. This is a great feature especially for paperless operations or if you need to print results and don't have a Sartorius YDP30 or YDP40 printer. All you need to do is save results to the SD card, open the file on your PC within a web browser and use the printer connected to your computer.
I would say the greatest feature the MA160 has that isn't available on the MA37 is "Method Assistant". Method Assistant helps you develop and refine methods in 3 easy steps. Its quick and ensures that all relevant parameters have been included for your moisture determination test. The Assistant prompts you to configure all relevant parameters, provides a practical range and prevents you entering implausible data. If you are running lots of different samples and not sure on the optimum temperature, whether you should use filter pad(s) The intuitive wizard asks you whether your sample consistency is a solid, fluid or paste. Method Assistant even asks if the sample is organic, inorganic or unknown.
Finally there is a 'Protective Mode" menu that is only available on the MA160. This allows you to password protect the MA160 moisture analyzer to ensure only authorized persons can make changes to the system settings.
Capacity X Readability (g)
|90 x 0.001|
Capacity X Readability (%)
Repeatability (Std. Dev.) (g)
|0.18% (3 g sample)
0.02% (10 g sample)
|0.01% to 100%
(0.01% to 1000% for regain mode
|RS232, USB Host, USB Device|
|120 or 240 VAC 50/60 Hz|
Operating Temperature Range
|50–104 °F/10–40 °C|
|4.3 in/109 mm, QVGA, TFT touch screen|
|%moisture, %solids, %regain, time, temperature, weight, method name, drying curve and statistics|
|3.5 in/90 mm|
Dimensions (W × H × D)
|8.3 × 7.7 × 14.0 in/211 × 180 × 355 mm|
|11.5 lb/5.23 kg|
|18.4 lb/8.35 kg|
ABS top housing, stainless steel pan support, in-use cover, storage up to 2 methods and 100 test results for each method, user-guide, 13 operational languages
1 Box of 50 Aluminum sample pans
1 Pan support
1 Glass fiber Pad
1 Draft shield
1 Tray Pan
1 Power cable
1 Manual CD
1 Pan Handle
1 Quick Guide
YOU PAY: $2,795.00
YOU PAY: $2,069.99
YOU PAY: $2,911.25
YOU PAY: $1,976.25
YOU PAY: $2,260.00
YOU PAY: $2,199.99
YOU PAY: $3,638.00
YOU PAY: $1,695.75
YOU PAY: $4,478.00
|Capacity x Readability||90 g x 0.001 g|
|Legal for Trade||No Legal for Trade|
|Construction||ABS Plastic Housing, Magnetic Force Motor MonoBloc Weigh Cell|
|Calibration||Requires OPTIONAL 50g Class 1|
|Power Requirements||Line power cord 120V hard wired|
|Manufacturer Warranty (years)||2|