2 kilogram balance test mass
2 kg cylindrical weight, Class 2, Tolerance ± 10 mg, 2 piece construction with a groove near the top for easy handling, 303 stainless steel. Test weight does not come with certificate but one may be purchased for an additional cost by clicking the box below.
Availability: 0 left in stock. Usually ships in 2 weeks
YOU PAY: $164.00
To get all the accuracy your electronic scales or digital balances provides, you need to perform routine calibrations and verifications using precision calibration weights. Troemner's Stainless Steel Electronic Balance Calibration Weights are intended for this purpose.
Troemner 2000 gram Class 2 Calibration Mass can be used to calibrate precision balances including the Sartorius ENTRIS 2202-1S precision balance, Sartorius Practum3102-1S digital scale or AND EJ2000 Precision weighing scale.
Please note if your company has a quality assurance program you will probably need to purchase the OPTIONAL Certificate to meet compliance of regulatory and quality control requirements. We highly recommend you check with your regulatory compliance officer or ISO Auditor for guidance for your specific quality assurance/quality control requirements or when in doubt just purchase the OPTIONAL NVLAP Calibration Certificate.
Traceable Certificate is designed for those laboratories and companies that require traceability, but do not need to meet any stringent regulatory requirements. The Traceable Certificate measurement process is based on a single standard and utilizes one series of comparisons.
If you are required to meet standards including NVLAP Handbook 150-2, ISO/IEC 9000, ISO/IEC 17025, FDA, GMP, GLP, DOD, ANSI/NCSL Z540-1, and nuclear requirement a Traceable Certificate will NOT meet the compliance requirements. We always recommend you check with your regulatory or compliance officer to verify what quality or regulatory requirements must be meet before ordering any calibration weights. We always like to say when in doubt purchase weights with the NVLAP Certificate.
Report of Traceability - This report identifies:
- Tolerance class
- Type of construction
- NIST test number
- Date of applicable primary standard(s)
- Secondary set number
- Includes technician's signature
- Description of the weight(s)
- Test Number
- Serial Number
- Nominal Value
- Uncertainty of the measurement tolerance
- Information on weighing procedures
- Date the primary standards were last tested at NIST and the NIST test number
- Date and test number for our working standards.
- Statement of compliance to ANSI/NCSL Z540 and ANSI/ISO/IEC 17025
- NVLAP Accreditation Logo and laboratory code.
- Statement of traceability to the International Prototype Kilogram (IPK) this meets the international requirement for traceability to the International System of Units
Certificate of Calibration - The Certificate of Calibration includes everything found in a Report of Traceability listed above with the additional information listed below:
- Uncertainty value
- Test conditions temperature, barometric pressure, humidity
- Conventional Mass Correction
- Uncertainty of the measurement
- Identification of the balance used in the calibration
- as found value if an adjustment is performed
- assumed density of the weight
- material weight is made from
- Pass/Fail result of magnetic testing
- Volume of the weight
- Cubical Coefficient of expansion
- True Mass correction
Difference between Traceability and Certificate of Calibration?
The major difference between the Report of Traceability and the Calibration Certificate is the Report of Traceability is a tolerance test and is only available for new weights. The Certificate of Calibration is a full report of the parameters tested. Above we outline what comes with each report. The Certificate of Calibration will, however, give a smaller uncertainty and a more precise value of the actual mass due to the multiple measurements that are made during the calibrating process. If you require a accredited laboratory certificate to meet ISO/IEC 17025 & ANSI/NCSC Z540-1 the you need a NVLAP Certificate of Calibration.
To get all the accuracy your electronic balance or digital scale provides, you need to perform routine calibrations and verifications using precision calibration weights. Troemner's Stainless Steel Electronic Balance Calibration Weights are intended for this purpose. ASTM stainless steel electronic balance calibration weights possessing closely controlled density, low magnetic susceptibility, good stability and resistance to corrosion and damage through handling. All of Troemner's Electronic Balance Calibration Weights are type II which have an adjusting cavity to allow for adjustment during future calibrations. Within the weight there is a cavity that is filled with adjusting material, typically the same material from which the weight is made. This cavity is sealed during the production process to ensure the stability of the weight. Electronic Balance Calibration Weights are cylindrical in shape and flat on top, to stack easily on center.
Construction and General Shape:
Troemner's Electronic Balance Calibration Weights are manufactured from the highest quality stainless steel alloy, possessing closely controlled density, low magnetic susceptibility, good stability and resistance to corrosion and damage through handling. All of Troemner's Electronic Balance Calibration Weights are type II which have an adjusting cavity to allow for adjustment during future calibrations. Within the weight there is a cavity that is filled with adjusting material, typically the same material from which the weight is made. This cavity is sealed during the production process to ensure the stability of the weight. Electronic Balance Calibration Weights are cylindrical in shape and flat on top, to stack easily on center.
- Grip handle weights from 5 kg to 30 kg have a recess in the top center of the weight with a lifting handle spanning the recess slightly below the top surface of the weight. The recess allows the user to pick up the weight using the handle and provides clearance for the user's hand. Grip handle weights 5 kg to 10 kg are 5 inches in diameter. Grip handle weights above 10 kg to 30 kg are 6 inches in diameter. The adjusting cavity for grip handle weights is within the lifting handle.
- Cylindrical weights from 1 kg to 5 kg are machined as cylinders and have a groove around the diameter approximately 25% from the top of the weight to allow for easier handling. The adjusting cavity opening is in the bottom of the weight for the 1 kg weight and on the top of the weight for the 2 kg through 5 kg.
- Weights from 200 g to 500 g are machined as straight cylinders with the adjusting cavity opening in the bottom of the weight.
Troemner ANSI/ASTM Classes 1 and 2 have all surfaces polished to a perfect, mirror like finish.
Polycarbonate Cases for Individual Weights:
To safeguard your Electronic Balance Weights, attractive, durable, high quality, polycarbonate cases are provided with weights 10 g through 5 kg. The polycarbonate cases feature a custom insert, bumper, and locking lid to assure weights are held securely within the case and avoid movement. Polycarbonate cases for 10 kg weights are available at an additional cost.
Selecting The Right Weight:
- Check you scale's manual or specification sheet to find the weight value required to calibrate your scale.
- It is recommended that the weight selected to calibrate a balance and/or scale have a tolerance small enough as not to be detected by the balance and/or scale. Troemner recommends the tolerance of a weight selected for calibrating a balance and/or scale is no more than 1/3 of the readability or precision of the balance and/or scale being calibrated. If this cannot be achieved, it is suggested that a Class 1 Electronic Balance Calibration Weight with a NVLAP certificate be ordered which provides the actual mass value for the weight which reduces measurement uncertainty.
- Electronic Balance Calibration Weights can also be used to check or verify the accuracy of your balance and/or scale between calibrations. It is recommended that the user check a balance and/or scale prior to each use. Keeping the weight at or near the balance and/or scale keeps the weight at the same temperature as the equipment.
Product photo may not exactly match the product offered for sale.
We also offer a huge selection of Laboratory Calibration Weights and Calibration Mass Sets with Calibration certification and NIST Traceable Calibration for lab balances.
All calibration weights are not returnable. Once your order has been placed it CAN NOT be cancelled. Please carefully consider this prior to placing your order. The reason for this is these weights are custom manufactured and are certified on the date they were made. In addition, if you touch the calibration weight with your fingers the oil in your skin would change the tolerance and we can not take this chance if the weight was returned.
|Description:||Stainless Steel Electronic Balance Calibration Weights|
|Tolerance:||± 10 mg|
|Certification:||Troemner NO LONGER offers Statement of Accuracy. OPTIONAL Traceability Certificate or NVLAP Calibration Certificate available at ADDITIONAL COST|
|Material:||303 stainless steel|
|Construction:||2 piece construction with groove near top.|
|Case:||Supplied with impact-resistant polypropylene case.|
Cotton Glove for handling weight
YOU PAY: $60.00
YOU PAY: $521.00
YOU PAY: $344.00
YOU PAY: $1,545.00
YOU PAY: $910.00
YOU PAY: $2,993.00
YOU PAY: $721.00
YOU PAY: $193.00
YOU PAY: $899.00
YOU PAY: $3,825.00
YOU PAY: $144.00
YOU PAY: $239.00
YOU PAY: $216.00
YOU PAY: $188.00
YOU PAY: $4,700.00
YOU PAY: $154.00
YOU PAY: $287.00
YOU PAY: $438.00
YOU PAY: $60.00
YOU PAY: $270.00
YOU PAY: $685.00
YOU PAY: $52.00
YOU PAY: $3,920.00
YOU PAY: $1,113.00
YOU PAY: $495.00
YOU PAY: $623.00
YOU PAY: $4,881.00
YOU PAY: $304.00
YOU PAY: $199.00
YOU PAY: $399.00
YOU PAY: $5,798.00
YOU PAY: $139.00
YOU PAY: $252.00
YOU PAY: $237.00
YOU PAY: $145.00
YOU PAY: $5,700.00
YOU PAY: $369.00
|Construction||303 stainless steel, 2 piece construction with a groove near the top|
|Additional info||ASTM Class 2, Tolerance ± 10 mg, Certificate available at an additional cost|